Reflections




I started this blog because there was something inside of me that I wanted to get out. I wasn't quite sure what the something was or is. I can't call a thing a thing. I can't say that this too shall pass... None of that, not when I am so uncertain of what the this is that needs to pass. I'm 40. I'm a wife. I am a mother of 3 African American sons. I know what it feels like to wory about their safety and I know the peace that consumes me as I pray over their lives daily.
NOT THESE ONES.
I'm educated. I obtained a Master's degree in Health Administration and a Bachelor's degree in Health Services Administration while maintaining a full time job. I enjoy helping others. I'm passionate about self-love and self-care. I'm an artist. I am very successful at growing plants. I just discovered that this year. I've purchased my own land, vehicle and home. I've accomplished so much. At times I think... it was just yesterday that I was a teenage mother. Uncertain. Unsure. Yet, I was supported and loved. It was just yesterday that I was in mid 20's trying to find my way. The only thing that I discovered was the fact that adulthood was REAL. 
During my late 20's (28) I was still seeking E. There was more growth still she was doubtful. Regardless she managed to purchase a home with her now husband.  Life is not about being perfect. It's not about how well you do. How much or how many people like you. We all have a sunrise and a sunset, the days in between determine what our HERstory or History will be. The true success of life occurs  within every moment of the journey. Each leg of our journey is essential to the next. Navigation. We miss our turns... mainly because we're driving to fast.  In a rush to get somewhere all the while not knowing that in that very moment... during this very moment; right now,  we are right where we need to be. 
Bottom line is -I struggle. Some days are a struggle. Some seasons are a struggle. However, I keep faith and remain consistent in knowing that none of my being is a mistake. None of my presence on this Earth is taken for granted. Another year is coming to an end and my heart is full of gratefulness. When I look in the mirror I am the same ME that I've always been. She's more determined, more accomplished, more knowledgeable, more aware, more careful. However, 
Erica is as Erica will always be and what Erica was destined to become.
I can not wait to see what I'll be reflecting on in the years to come. My story is far from THE END. 

Comments

Popular Posts