Too Busy Living




How many of you have a favorite  song that you always kill (in your mind) during car karaoke sessions? I mean the one that teleports you from your car to center stage at the Grammy’s? You are so enthralled in your performance; you’ve hit every single note and even though you’ve arrived at your destination you must finish the song. A few weeks ago, I was playing a mixed c.d. (Mix Volume II) that I found. This c.d. has quite a few of my favorite songs on it. I’m talking about DeAngelo- Cruis’in, Rick James-Give It To Me, Soul for Real -Every Little Thing I do, Lenny Williams- I love You, etc… I was on my way to work in full jam mode! Sexual Healing had just gone off as I was entering Tallahassee Let’s Get It On started. I don’t know what it is about that song but wherever I am when it comes on I lose all sanity! I had to turn it up a little louder.  As I approached the red light the break down occurred…
"Let's get it on, baby. This minute, oh yeah. Let's get it on. Please, let's get it on."
My foot on the brake slowing to come to a final stop behind the truck in front of me

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, darlin'. Stop beatin' 'round the bush. Oh, gonna get it on!"

You know that part when Marvin screams towards the end. I could have sworn that I was a finalist on The Voice and apparently so did the male driver to the right of me. When I turned, he was looking dead at me with the biggest grin on his face, he held his hands up and clapped. I was so tickled, I don’t think I have ever been so glad for a light to turn green in my life! As the cars in front of us crept forward he waved, still giggling. I quickly made a mental note to self -car seat karaoke only at night from now on and ripped it up even quicker shortly thereafter. Dance like nobody’s watching. Love like you’ll never get hurt. Sing like no one is listening. Who needs mental notes when your too busy living?

Comments

Unknown said…
Fool for You - CeeLo. I get in professional singer mode when I hear that.
Unknown said…
If I Ever Fall in Love - Shai
Unknown said…
Full on concert in the car. Every day. 😄
Queenbits said…
Doesn't it just make mornings great?

Popular Posts