Avoid Self(less)Love



As a woman my first instinct is to nurture others, as a mother my first instinct is to nurture my children. However, over the years I have learned to save some time for Erica. I remember the fist time that someone even suggested that I make an effort to celebrate me. I was in grad school and had just aced my first assignment. One of my classmates asked, " How will you celebrate?" I said... " I am not sure, I'm supposed to just be happy, right? I studied hard -the A was my reward." She lol'ed and said, " No... even if it's just a  .99 cone of ice-cream from McDonald's get out and treat Erica!"

Even though I considered myself to be very loving of myself it wasn't until after that conversation that I learned the importance of being IN LOVE WITH ME. Since that day over two years ago now, I frequently celebrate Erica. Warm tea, bubble baths, fuzzy socks, Redhots or that $20 lip gloss... I've learned that I am beyond more than worthy. I invite you all to celebrate your very existence daily! It can be as simple as serenading yourself on the drive to or from work. Or as lavish as indulging in that newest thing you so desperately want. Lol, drown out that little "but" voice in the back of your head by yelling I'M WORTH IT!

When was the last time that you exercised  the right to celebrate YOU?

Comments

Popular Posts