Special Delivery







"Give me my flowers, while I yet live, so that I can see the beauty that they bring... " -Rev. James Clevand

How many times have we sent flowers as a reflection of our condolences? How many times have we sent flowers as a reflection of our adoration for someone? Job well done, thank you, I miss you, I love you or simply just because. Flowers have the power to brighten a day but are they really necessary? Words are like flowers. The encouraging words that we speak to others are seeds. We can plant the seeds early, so deep. Daily we water the seeds with support and fertilize them with empowerment. The seeds grow, a plant appears and a blossom develops. I enjoy getting flowers, there is something about having fresh flowers in a home or an office. It takes me back to when I was a child, my mother would always clip flowers from the yard and bring them inside. Their natural aroma ignited the atmosphere, which in turn ignited my senses and my soul. The same igniting  is felt when I receive them now, hand delivered by my husband or commercially delivered to my job. It's the same affect. My eyes light up, my heart smiles. I feel joy knowing that I am thought of and a sense of pride knowing that someone thought enough of me to acknowledge my worth. Words are flowers, they are always free. They have the same affect. Whether it's an instant message, a text, a call, a comment or standard conversation  -I'm humbled. I encourage others to celebrate not only the people in their lives daily but also the strangers that the may come in contact with throughout the day. We never know the struggle of the next being. So please, plant a seed, water, fertilize... send a special delivery to someone today!

Comments

Popular Posts