Weighing In



I've waited all day for this. Laying across my bed, freshly showered, skin moisturized, hair twisted and wrapped up in my p.js. The television is on but only because I need background noise sometimes. Mama June: From Hot to Not… it’s a rerun. I’m awaiting her big reveal at 9 PM tonight. I applaud her for making the decision to adopt a healthier lifestyle. It really is a great accomplishment; I know because I’ve been there. July of last year I was 150pds. That may not seem like a lot to some but when your 5’4 and your entire adult life you were always between 120-128... it was an issue! 148 is what I weighed during my last pregnancy; which was the most that I had even been while pregnant. It never failed. After delivery, the weight always came off. I’m not even sure how I managed to gain so much weight. Who am I kidding? It was due to unhealthy habits. I was up late studying eating sugary things because they kept me awake and seemed filling.  After I finished studying; which usually occurred during the hours of 2- 5 am, I would heat up something microwavable (RAMEN noodles smothered in cheese) plus chips and a soda. After my high calorie, high carb meal I would go to sleep. Days, weeks and months went by my unhealthy eating worsened. I could tell the difference.
 I couldn’t walk as far. I couldn’t run as fast or long. I felt sluggish. I got sick easier. I started my home workouts again -I thought it helped but it didn’t I still ate the same stuff. Little did I know, help was on the way! One of my co-workers knew a personal trainer, it was approved for him to come into the office and workout with us. 3 days a week for an hour! The first session I felt like I was going to die. Yes, I worked out at home but the things that he had us doing total body workouts. Marcus (FLOFITNESS) Flournoy is AMAZING!! Not only did he train us, he taught us what to eat and how much we should eat. Portion control matters. It felt good to witness my former shell quickly return. Once I incorporated weights -as he suggested I really saw the difference! I felt stronger… no I AM stronger. My clothes fit and I am comfortable in them. This past Tuesday I wore a pair of capris that I hadn’t worn in a while -they are a size 2.  My eating habits changed, there are so many things that I don’t crave anymore. I used to love sodas but I’m so glad that I don’t anymore -sodas are a waistlines worst nightmare! Yes, I’ve waited all day for this. Laying across my bed, freshly showered, skin moisturized, hair twisted and wrapped up in my p.js… in my p.js that comfortably fit.

Comments

Unknown said…
Congrats on your healthier lifestyle. It's tough to start sometimes but once you get into that groove it's hard to stop that positive momentum. Keep it up!

Popular Posts