Along Came Anger


 
 
Red. I have been that angry several times before. I felt flushed with heat to the point of no return. As I think back -that is what a person had to feel before they committed a crime of passion. I remember getting angry at the simplest things. I would get angry about waiting in lines or at the cashier telling me that the ice-cream machine was broken at McDonalds! Yes, especially when I was pregnant with the littlest prince! I would get mad when people would try to pass me; I would even speed up so that they'd be forced to pull back behind me because of oncoming traffic. I even had the audacity to get mad at the officers that pulled me over! Rage. I've followed people that cut me off in traffic. Sometimes, I would follow them for miles, once to their home only to drive slowly by when they pulled into their driveway. Smh… it’s crazy now and I had to chuckle out loud while reminiscing. I am so grateful that I realized that my anger stemmed from within. I had no patience. Plain and simple…. Not their issue but mine. So much anger for what and why -just because I could. I couldn’t control my situation but I somehow felt that I could control the situation of the person receiving my wrath. <insert epiphany> I learned to calm myself. I learned to accept what is and was before I would be forced to accept what could be. I love and embrace peace but I am surely not ready to rest in it quite yet.

Comments

Popular Posts