Let Me Be Poetry




Smile if you remember when you were a child and someone asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up. If you are like me, you went through phases and your response to the question changed as frequently as Florida weather.  I went from She-Ra, to a nurse, to a doctor, to a counselor and finally a pharmacist. However, today I am not nor have I been either of those things. The closest that I came to one of my answers was being a pharmacy technician. I just knew that I wanted to help people in any way that I could. I did not have the experience or knowledge but I had gifts. Surprisingly it only took two gifts -developed and almost perfected over time… the God given abilities to listen and respond with powerful words. If I could go back to my childhood days and have that question asked to me again “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Without a doubt my answer would be “POETRY”. Poetry moves people, it grasps their full attention. It has the power to change attitudes and persuades people to embrace their truths. Poetry has depth, it’s words are all consuming and captivating. Poetry is a direct representation of intellect and strength. Let me lead. Let me encourage. Let me empower. Yes, let me be POETRY 

Comments

Popular Posts