Quality over Quantity


 

 

Sitting in the front lobby of the office, listening to the traffic go by. The laughter of my supervisor and a benefits consultant representative; honestly this is the second best job that I’ve ever had! The best was my first -a shift manager at McDonald’s. I loved that job. Sure it was tough and I dealt with disgruntled customers but the crew and I were a family. Ahhhh... the crew, you know who you are and if you’re reading this know that I thank and love you! We helped one another get through long hours, family matters and whatever other situation arose. McDonald’s will always hold a special place in my heart –that’s also the place that I met my husband.  It’s ironic… the lowest paying job and the highest paying job that I’ve ever had have some of the most genuine individuals that I’ve ever known. A group of less than 10 people containing the biggest hearts and some of the most beautiful spirits. We grow together. We protect and defend. We pray for and celebrate. It was never written that you must have a hundred friends or a million followers to feel important. I’ve made it through life with just a few that I KNOW would stop everything at the drop of a dime if I needed them. That’s the most important and they are the most relevant.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts