I Think Different






Some like to think within the box, and that's perfectly fine. I like to think outside the box and that's perfectly fine also. We can agree to disagree, that's what makes us individuals. Some years ago I was having a conversation with a co-worker about  being unequally yoked. It is the belief of some that this term is in strict regard to married couples. For some the term reflects division amongst believers and non-believers; if this holds true their belief isn't that far fetched. I believe that it is in regards to all; which would make my belief also plausible. If we are in a friendship and I am more of a taker than a giver of advice or morals -then our friendship can be viewed as being unequally yoked. If we are in a marriage and my thoughts and voice are never heard. If my growth surpasses or hinders the growth of my spouse -then we can also be viewed as being unequally yoked. My co-worker took it even a bit further to bring financial status and situations into the conversation. While I agree with some of what was said, I will admit that some of the most humble people are those with struggles. So if I'm a billionaire maybe I need that average friend to keep me grounded. They laughed and referenced the phrase "No, birds of a feather flock together." My response was "Exactly... beautiful spirits recognize beautiful spirits all the time." We all have the same ability to be beyond great and sometimes we hinder our potential by not accepting, acknowledging or taping into the potential of others. Point. Blank. Period. <insert Ah-ha>

Comments

Popular Posts