Is Lonliness Real

Despite the abundant joy that surrounds me at times I feel lonely. Laying here I began to question the source of my loneliness. I have family, friends, associates and admirers so why this emptiness? Why does  darkness crave my attention at times? Why do I sometimes suddenly feel so alone? Then it dawned on me and I began to question myself. Does my loneliness stem from the lack of attention from others or the lack of attention that I give to myself? When I'm creating, I'm fine. When I'm working, I'm fine. When I'm cooking, I'm fine. When I'm occupied, I'm completely fine! The truth is simple -just like you... I'm human. It is in our DNA to want attention, to want to be included and to want to feel wanted or needed. Whether I'm enveloped in joy amongst others or when I'm enthralled in a phase of solitude; I don't have it all figured out. I'm the first to admit that we need each other to flourish. I've never been great on my own so at this moment I'll acknowledge that loneliness is REAL but.... so is ice-cream!

Comments

Popular Posts