Identity




Once a person gets to know me they always say, “you’re so different.” The presumption that others make is so far from who I am. I don’t like labels. I grew up in a small country town. I used to keep to myself, not because I was elusive but because most wouldn’t understand my layers. I am simple. I get more excited over coffee mugs than karats. Don’t let the outer fool you. I was/am a tomboy. I am wild, free and bold. I like clothes now and makeup -especially lip-gloss because when I was little those things were too girly. They were not considered my ideal of strength. I realized after I had my first prince that I probably should look motherly. I am a mother. I feel a strong sense of duty to be a representation of the women they will date and marry. I am humble. I acknowledge that anything that I possess this moment can be removed within the next.  I love nature.  I lay in bed at night, listening to the hoots of an owl and wonder how the remainder of its night will be spent. I have an old soul. I enjoy classic films and music. I’m not easily scared. Horror films and anything with zombies I’ll watch. I’m peaceful and caring. I will pull over to watch a sunrise. I will turn around to give money to the homeless. I will pay for groceries -especially for single mothers and the elderly. I enjoy peace. My favorite scent is lavender. I am spiritual. I acknowledge miracles and the power of prayer; I've lived when I should have died but I was kept. I am so much more than what others think and when I realized that... I knew that I was a Queen.

Comments

Popular Posts