Truth Hurts




They say it comes in threes. Death. I’m not sure how accurate that is but one thing for certain is that it will come. We never know when, how, where we will be or what we will be doing when it does. Some years ago, I remember having this fear about dying. A fear that I had never felt before. At the time, I wasn’t sure I the fear itself was about death -the process or just death in general. After further examination, I determined that what I feared had nothing to do with dying but it had everything to do with the people that I would leave behind. The emotions, the pain, the sorrow and yes, the possible questions and anger. That is what hurt me the most. That is what I feared the most- not being a witness to those things. Not being able to comfort anyone during that time. Death is final and things that would occur after my passing would be unknown to myself. There would be nothing that I could do or change. I, my physical presence would no longer exist. However, my influence would live for ever. I accepted that and chose to do the only thing that I am capable of doing until death comes… LIVE.

Comments

Queenbits said…
Thanks, for reading! šŸ˜Š
KhalzyC said…
This is lovely. Thanks for sharing
Queenbits said…
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I hope that you continue to follow my posts. ☺

Popular Posts