Taken


 
 
I am a big fan of the ID Channel. #IDADDICT I can watch episodes on that channel for hours. I hear all the gruesome details and though I’m completely shocked at some of the stories, I don’t feel the same pain as I once did. However, when the crimes occur closer to my home, community or county my heart severely aches. I really don’t understand it anymore. So far this week there have been 3 bodies found, 1 adult male, 1 adult female and that of a preteen child. Yes, this week… it’s Tuesday. It’s only Tuesday.  My heart breaks for the families of the victims. My heart breaks for the victims, there’s no telling what their final moments were like. There’s so much violence around us. I remember when I was a child, if a body was found it sent shock through the community. Everyone would be on high alert; people locked their doors double checked their windows because things like that “never” happened in Madison County. The suspect was always believed to have been someone that was just passing through or so and so because they were on drugs. Now things have changed and it’s not just Madison County. It’s everywhere. It’s not just drugs. It’s far beyond that. We don’t know people anymore. I guess I should say we don’t take the time to get to know people anymore. Honestly, the way the world has become it’s hard to let down your guard. I try to find a message in every thing because for me in every thing there's a lesson. Every day we awake not knowing. We awake, complete morning routines, plan our work or rest day and never think about today being the day. It seems as though the last of something is always wanted more. What if you viewed seeing that special face as the last time every time? I'm going to ask just one thing of you... be extra with those in your life. Give them extra love, extra care, an extra hug, call or text. It’s one thing to leave this Earth naturally or tragically, it’s another to leave mysteriously or missing.

Comments

Popular Posts