Let It Rain




For the past few days it has been pouring but it’s supposed to clear up by this evening. Which kind of makes me a little sad because I am one of those people that absolutely adores the rain! As long as I can remember I’ve loved the rain. I love the smell, feel and sound of it. However, I will admit that I dislike driving in it. I don’t even own an umbrella. I remember the first rain after I returned to natural. It was a slight drizzle and I stepped out in it. My hair was in an up do – a high pony that consisted of chunky pieces of hair from a two strand twist out. It was glorious. The rain pelted onto my hair and I felt so free. The closer that I got to my car the harder the rain fell. I was in my element. I checked my reflection in my rearview mirror when I got into my car. I had beads of water all over my hair and it made me realize how magnificent God’s creations are. Yesterday I had a five star moment. Let me be completely honest, it was actually a 10 star moment. During my drive home it rained on and off. When I pulled into my drive way, it was pouring and I was so happy. I noticed that our recycle bin was left out and I begin to smile harder… that was my opportunity. I opened the garage, grabbed my purse and lunch bag took them into the garage and immediately headed back out. The rain was falling harder now, it was so cool and the drops pelted my arms. Water armor. I slowly walked to the bin and poured out the water. I picked it up and jogged into the garage. I laughed and laughed. I think Bello (my husband’s nickname) and my princes thought that I had lost my mind. Then I came inside and remembered… my ferns on the porch, they needed rain also. I smiled again!! A glorious opportunity to go out in the rain again! I went out the front door the water was streaming over the edge of the roof of the porch. I already knew that I was going to stand under that stream. I picked up the first fern… stepped underneath the stream and laughed, yes out loud. It was the best feeling ever!! I slowly and carefully placed that fern onto the lawn and slowly walked to get the other. Of course I stood beneath the stream of rushing rain water again and again I laughed out loud. When I stepped into the house I laughed a little more and loudly proclaimed “I love being in the rain!” Something about being in that moment was so innocent –so childlike and so free. I try to have childlike moments often, those moments keep me young or so I have conditioned myself to believe. I am so grateful for being able to laugh at and with myself. Wait a minute… with myself? Yes, I laugh with myself! Complete joy. My heart, soul and mind are all in tune and recognize the happiness that I truly feel. So much happiness that it overflows and spills out as on the edge of tears laughter. Sometimes those tears fall. It is completely ok; tears of joy, overwhelming joy. The moment that you are able to laugh at and with yourself is when you realize that YOU have arrived.

Comments

Popular Posts