Prepare, Provide...Stay Present




It’s almost that time  again and for some that time has already begun… BACK TO SCHOOL!! I am very excited about this school term. Our princes are in the 4th and 8th grade, both at different cusps. One is at the young adult cusp -he should be preparing to make and narrow down choices about his future. The other is at the cusp of discovery -he is discovering the importance of an education and is excited about reaping the rewards of learning. Obtaining an education is an adventure. It is trial and error and more importantly it is an honor. It is something that no one can  ever take from you! I made a post on FB last night regarding the importance of equipping our children.
"We just finished getting the backpacks all geared up for school on Thursday! How quickly we forget the importance and sacrifices that are/were made in order for an education to be obtained. We get sidetracked by the shoes, clothes, the haircuts and dos -often we fail our children before any lesson is ever taught. Let's get back to the basics. Lord, I thank you for blessing us with the ability to supply our princes with school supplies and for being about to fulfill the teacher's wish list. The understanding that all teaching begins at home. That structure, studying, consistency and rest are all necessary for success. Clothes are needed so I'm also grateful to have always been able to provide. To keep them "fly", "swagged out" or "lit". Smh... but Lord, I thank you more for growth, a sound mind and common sense to know that sitting in class with "sauce" will never get a paper written, a grade made or a scholarship awarded. Amen. 👑💋"
#backtoschool #backtobasics #staywokeuntiltheywake #youngblackngifted


 I will be the first to say and admit that college isn’t for everyone. It wasn't for me until I acknowledged the fact that I didn't want to be a hypocritical parent. Do as I say not as I do or did. I chose to not let that occur. I wanted my princes to do not as I did as a teen while encouraging them to do as I did as an adult. An imperfect example. I was 31 when I begin my educational journey and 36 when I completed that journey with a Master’s in Health Administration. Whatever path your children chooses make them aware that you are there for them by being present. Supply them with adequate tools so that they may build a solid and successful future.  Engage, enforce and never stop encouraging.

Comments

Popular Posts