Vessel, I Am




I’ve always known that I was different. However, I didn’t realize that I was rare until adulthood. Actually, it was the first time that someone told me how much of a positive impact that I made on their life. Still nothing has compared to the most soul jarring experience that I have ever had -the time that someone thanked me for saving their life. Yes… and from all things positive posts.  They had actually planned on ending their life that day. They logged into their social media account to make a final post and there was mine. They read it as they usually read all of my posts. They never liked or commented on anything... just read every day. All day. Afterwards they messaged me and we chatted every day, no matter the time of day. I told them that I would make myself fully available to them. I did, until they learned how to be available to their self. I encouraged them until they learned how to encourage their self. I loved them from a distance until they learned how to love their self, up close and in person.  Most of my post on social media are positive, influential or motivational. Don’t get me wrong I still post about my troubles, my pain, my failures. I do these things as a reminder… I AM REAL. Though, I am rare; I’m still human. Still of flesh. I make mistakes. I fail. I’ve hurt people. Judge me not by my inequities. My prayer for my final day on this Earth is to  have helped more people that I have hurt. I said all of that to say this… never dim your light. Never lessen your sparkle. Never harness your blessing. I know that there are times when it may seem that no one is paying attention. Times that it appears that no one is watching. Times when you may feel as though your voice is going unheard. I’m here to tell you -that it isn’t so. Someone is watching. Someone is reading. Someone is listening. Someone is receiving. Go hard for yourself! I guarantee, that in doing so you'll be going harder for someone else. 

Comments

Popular Posts