If You Listen, They Will Talk



The most valuable hours of my day occur after work during the conversations that I have with the princes. As a parent my presence is priority. As a mother my nurturing is necessary. I enjoy having conversations with them about their days. Conversations about tests, what they learned, what they felt they excelled in and what they felt they need to work harder at. I know about their friends and their teachers. I know their true feelings about school. I know that they are happy about learning and that they feel safe there. I know that they are strong individuals and are not afraid to let their voices be heard. I’ve never said that I was a perfect parent, but I’ve always said that I am a present parent. I’m so excited about their futures… they have amazing aspirations, goals and ideals. I know because every day I listen.

Comments

Popular Posts