Beauty Is As Beauty Does





I heard them say, "she’s beautiful". Often, I wondered why? For so long I wondered what they saw in me that I failed to see within myself? I always thought I was ok… alright or that some days were just better than others. I’ve seen myself every day for almost 38 years, I think I would know by now. Then again, there are those occasions when I’ve slowed and flashed my lights to let someone out during heavy traffic. Times when I’ve given up a parking space to the person behind me. Times when I’ve paid for the groceries or meal for a random stranger. Yes, during those times I am beautiful. Wait a minute, I do recall the first time that I recognized that I was beautiful. It was during my first pregnancy and of course during every pregnancy thereafter. Then there are those times when I’ve caught my princes looking at me while I cook, during daily conversations, while I’ve helped them with homework -when they actually "get it", during the projects or cleaning their room. The times when the littlest prince walks up behind me and says, “HUG”. Yes, those are the times when you can’t tell me nothing!  Now that I think about it I just may be a dime. There have been other times during convocations (Bachelors and Maters graduation ceremonies) but only when I crossed the stage and heard my family yell my name or go mommy! Always afterwards. During hugs from my princes, family, friends or strangers. Gorgeous. Oh my,  how can I forget each time that I have been and for every future time that I will be a mess! Whether I was broken out in hives, rashes, unable to bath after deliveries, face swollen during TMJ episodes, bouts of diarrhea. TMI, no I’m being real with you, be real with yourself. During the shingles, covered in sweat from jogging, working out, during yard work or cleaning. Those days that I lay in bed all day and mope, even after vomiting -still clinging to the toilet… the way that Bello looks at me. Flawless indeed. Beauty is far beyond the physical and I’m not sure how or who made it all about outer appearances. Sadly, they got it all wrong. NEWSFLASH: YOU are capable, YOU can dispel the myths that society has placed on beauty.  Free knowledge. Start looking WITHIN yourself instead of at yourself, for that is where true beauty resides. Remember there is no filter that can perfect the soul.

Comments

Unknown said…
Whomever said, beauty is only skin deep, looked no further than the skin. Beauty is far beyond the physical.

Popular Posts