Forgive and Live... In That Order



The truth hurts, huh? Disclaimer: some of ya’ll may not like what I am about to speak on but I’m going to speak on it anyway. People are offended by either what they don’t know, respect or fail to acknowledge. Stop making the new person in your life suffer because of what the last person did. Stop making people apologize for the faults of others. Yes, I said it. Your -ex is your -ex for whatever reason and if you keep it up your current will become your -ex for a whole other reason. There is someone, somewhere reading this shaking their head and about to so close the browser. I don’t care. There’s a message.  If only one person reads this post to completion -my message will be delivered. My message will have been heard. There is someone reading this now that understands exactly what I mean, those people responded “umph” after the first six sentences. Is it the current person’s fault that your -ex is still has control over you? Even though you say, It’s been years, I’m good, I’m so over them. However, someone’s daily suffering determines that all of what you say is a lie! I have heard woman proclaim, “If he thinks he’s going to do me like the last one he has another thing coming.” Help me understand. So basically, because the last man hurt you, that means that all men are out to hurt you? I have heard men say, “I’m not doing that because I did that with my last wife and look where it got me.”  Please, help me to understand? So, what you’re saying is because your last wife did you dirty your current wife doesn’t deserve your 100%? She doesn’t deserve to experience certain things in her life because you were previously hurt?  How does that make any sense? It doesn’t and honestly you as a husband will never live up to your full husband potential. You can’t because that part of you is still bitter, that part of you is still broken. The same goes for women. Queen, you can’t live up to your full potential as a mate and certainly not a wife if you are still bitter. If you are still broken. It all begins and ends with forgiveness. Let go. Stop serving people left-overs and scraps Allow the new person in your life the opportunity to experience the person that you are not the person that you became. They say misery loves company but I have never in all my 38 years on this Earth seen a miserable person in a healthy relationship. There is no company, no companionship… no relationship. Bitterness and brokenness only lead to loneliness. People may like you. People may tolerate you. People may love you but once they realize that they deserve better and begin to own their worth… people will leave you.  

Comments

Popular Posts