One Isn't Always A Lonely Number





People often ask me what I do for fun. I always give one of the following answers, read, watch movies, color or write. Yes, I said color… I enjoy adult coloring books. They always respond, "No... for fun." My response has always been, "You asked what I did for fun, well those things are my kind of fun." I’ve always been an “elusively open book”. I smile at that description. Elusive because I can go days without feeling the need to be around people. Other than my family or coworkers. Open book because if I’m comfortable with anyone I have no fears about sharing my experiences with them. I’d rather read than go out. I’d rather drink coffee on a summer evening curled up either on the sofa or in bed watching a black and white horror film than going to a club. I'd rather craft than party. In fact, I don't feel a NEED to attend any form of socializing that requires leaving the comforts of my home.  I work hard during the week, my work is more mentally stressful than physical. My weekends are better spent psychologically debriefing. I’ve never lived alone but there are times that I crave isolation. Quiet time to just be. Even if it’s only 30 minutes to an hour or so. I try to make time for ME. Time to think, to calm my nerves… time to restore balance. It’s beneficial. It’s necessary. It’s the keeper of my sanity.

Comments

Popular Posts