Deception Is Real




A co-worker/friend Alexis would say that all the time… “Deception is real.” At first I thought it was funny but soon I begin to think about it. The more that I thought about it the more that I realized how deep her saying really was. Powerful, in fact. There was a time, many years ago when I often thought about what it would be like to have the perfect life. Daydream about waking up and never having one thing go wrong, that was before I knew people. I mean, really knew people. Once I grew out of my teenage years I quickly realized that nothing was as it seemed. The very people that I thought had it all together; turned out to be the same ones whose lives were falling apart. Now I’m not speaking of the people that generally have a tough time, yet they manage. That’s a much different case, that’s about strength and resilience. I’m talking about the people that create in order to conceal. A daily disguise of sorts… it’s odd at times. You see someone in passing over a period of time -have one in depth conversation with them and discover that the person that you thought you saw is no more. In fact that person never even existed. You now look at them differently. You see them in a different light. Immediately a veil was lifted. I always have told my princes and other people, never wish to be someone else. You never know what goes on in their life when there’s no public disposition to display. You don’t know what burdens they hide in order to be the face that everyone sees daily. Never wish for the things that another person has. You never know what they had to do to get those things. You never know what they are doing to keep those things. It’s been over 21 years since I’ve wished for something that wasn’t meant for me. I no longer wish for perfection. Instead I ask daily for discernment, serenity and a sound sense of reality that further enforces my purpose. I was born Erica and I’ll die Erica, regardless and that’s real also.

Comments

Unknown said…
You are a fountain of wisdom Erica. It is always important to remember that all that glitters is not gold, and to focus on yourself, making the best of your blessings.
Queenbits said…
Thank you Edwin and you are absolutely correct, focus on what truly matters at the end of the day!! ☺

Popular Posts