Let It Flow


 
You're really on it today Erica. For whatever reason I’m super happy. I can’t explain it. It’s not unusual… most days I am happy. It’s just that today; at this moment, feels much different. A little extra. Work is flowing smoothly and this Donny Hathaway radio on Pandora is everything! Maybe it’s the fact that it’s Wednesday and the weekend is right around the corner. Maybe it’s because I’m excited about spending time with my husband after work. Maybe it’s because I can’t wait to hear the stories of the princes’ day at school. Or it could stem from excitement about the upcoming graduation for our oldest prince from AIT (advanced individual training). Go Army!  Who knows it could be a number of things. I was inspired to write about why I even question it in the first place. When things go wrong it seems logical to question but when things are good why even bother? I know that I’m not the only person that questions their moods, good or bad. Well, at least I hope that I’m not. I want someone reading this to be able to relate. It’s almost as if we expect difficult times or sorrow even when we have done nothing to cause them. It’s even reflected when someone does something nice for us. We have the tendency to question their motives. Why can’t it just be that we’re wonderful, we’ve done an amazing job or that we’re appreciated and someone wanted to express that by celebrating us? Why do we challenge, doubt or dismiss our worthiness? I will accept and embrace this joy because I acknowledge how quickly things can change. I’m happy today and that’s just it! I need to just be. Be present. Be aware. Be conscious of the fact that I have a multitude of things to be happy about and so happy I shall be.

Comments

Unknown said…
My Favorite one thus far.... Keep Growing sis I love this <3

Popular Posts