Love Lost


There is so much negativity to be read, where’s the good stuff? Where’s the stuff that makes us happy about hope and dream of our destiny? It is essential that I write something that matters. A statement, a message that touches the heart, evokes the soul and awakens the senses. It’s essential for me because it’s essential to me. This week I followed a story on social media. Stories of this type I generally don’t follow because it stemmed from drama and violence. Just the same it held a message. What saddened me the most is the fact that the story once again involved my sisters. Not by blood, not by genetics but by culture and ancestral ties. Arguing on social media over what, for what? Entertainment for some. Shamefulness for some. Yet, detrimental to the character of both parties involved. Regardless of their circumstances they are Queens. Their personal “beef” was displayed for the entire world to see. All judged. Some took sides. Some laughed. I laughed…  initially. The fact that two grown women were carrying on like they were. So much to say about one another but had they ever reached out to one another from a place of sincerity and pure intentions? Each post, comment and live video soon made me realize the severity of the issue. It became more apparent that things would continue to escalate and spiral out of control, once again. Once again... because apparently an incidence of violence had previously occurred. Then today nothing -they both are going on about their business. If only momentarily, I'm grateful for the peace between them now. Something was lost... this time it wasn't either of them. However, how many “beefs” that start off line, continue online and end with a medical professional announcing flat line then penning in a time of death? It’s true. It’s sad. However, that doesn’t mean that it should be considered normal. Normal for anyone. Normal for them.  Normal for me. Normal for you .

Comments

Popular Posts