LIVING - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐





I was listening to The O Magazine skill on my Amazon Echo. *My newest toy, I would recommend Alexa for everyone!* On this particular podcast Oprah discusses the pleasures of life. She gives stars as ratings to measure the level of pleasure that she receives from the simplest things in life. I have included a link to the article below if anyone is interested in reading it. When I heard that I was immediately moved and motivated. What if we all did that? Would we be more grateful or appreciative of the things that occur daily in our lives? We live in a world that is driven by ratings. Honestly. I know for a fact  that I check either the reviews or ratings of places or products daily. Knowing the ratings aides in my decision making process. I am also a person that will write reviews and post ratings for products, places or events that I feel would either be non-beneficial or beneficial to others. Despite me posting ratings on various websites I had never considered rating the events that occur in my life daily... until now. After listening to Oprah I began to think of my day thus far; I've actually managed to accomplish quite a bit. As usual. I'm a little ADHD, ADD, OCD and a lot overachiever, lol! Oh well, all's well that ends well, right? So I begin thinking of the moment that I awoke, I looked at the time on my cell phone, it was 6:23.

I awoke well rested. -⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Actually the fact that I even awoke is worth ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it self.

I was able to utilize my senses and I had no issues with mobility. -⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
 
Seeing Bello's (my husband's nickname) truck in the driveway when I begin to worry because it was after the normal time that he arrives home from work.-⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Walmart associate was coming out the door with my grocery pick-up order as I pulled into the parking space. - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Misting my ferns on our porch. - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Watching the petty mocking birds chase squirrels with my Bello. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Completing my Sunday chores before noon. -⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Cooking a delicious homemade meal for my family.-⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sitting down with a warm cup of green tea and watching the birds in the front yard.-⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Making cotton candy for my princes.-⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tuning in to the Incredible Hulk Marathon.-⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Being inspired to write something that may inspire someone else. -⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I could go on and on! So far today, everything would be five stars. Where ever you are, it is my sincerest hope that your having a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ day also! 


Life's Pleasures

Comments

Popular Posts