A Good Book


                                                                        
 
 

Can you remember the last good book that you read? I remember mine, each page kept me in suspense. I clung on to the final words of the pages until the ending. It was one of those stories that I wanted to go on forever. Yet, I wanted to get to the next chapter to discover what would happen next. Sounds a bit like life, doesn’t it? When I was younger, I wanted to be a teenager. When I was a teenager I wanted to be an adult. As an adult I wanted to successful enough to take care of my family. Truth is we; despite the level or success that we may achieve, are constantly searching for that next level. No one wants to plateau, everyone wants to level up. Why wouldn’t we? Why shouldn’t we? Time waits on no man or woman. The next chapter is coming with or with us. Life is a journey enveloped in lessons. I vaguely recall the first day of high school orientation but I remember the words of the speaker…  “Look to your left and to your right. The person beside you may not be here in 4 years.” That was true but life changes much quicker than that now. We never know from one day to the next when our story may come to an abrupt end. At this very moment look back over your life. Do you have a best seller? Is your book bound of fiction or is it a powerful bibliography? Would your story impact or has it impacted others? Who would ask for your autograph? How many edits did it take you to get through the chapters up until now? My story continues. I'm proud of what I've written thus far and I am excited to discover what awaits me in the next chapter.

Comments

Popular Posts