Bagged, Tied, Humbled

Too tired to type or at least I thought I was. Somehow whenever I feel a message growing within me I must let it out. Today I volunteered again at Farm Share. My co-worker friend Wanda and I always distribute the juices and water. Our prep work consisted of bagging 6 bottles of milk and 1 liter of juice, tying the bags then placing them in bins until they (4 bins) are full. It involves teamwork, friendly conversation and laughs with other volunteers. Once we got going the bins filled rather quickly.  We were kind of excited that there weren’t any cases of water. I'm not sure how we managed to lift all of those cases the last time but we did. Today there were only 1 gallon jugs. At the beginning of every distribution a prayer is said and after Amen is spoken the gates open. We are always at the front of the line. Not the first to greet but the first to give. Smiling eyes and faces  followed by god bless you and thank you are indeed doses of adrenaline. I never noticed any pain, or tiredness until about 30-45 minutes before the gates close. I kept waking up last night every hour. I wanted to be sure that I didn’t oversleep. I needed to leave my house at 6:30 so I could meet Wanda at our meeting spot at 7:30. I arrived early enough to eat a banana and drink a protein shake and then we were off to Quincy. I didn’t take a break to eat. I just kept going I was fine. Afterwards every muscle ached. I noticed that my hands and fingers were swollen. I discovered a blister on my finger. My shoulder still ache a bit. My feet are sore and my thighs.  None of it matters now none of it mattered then. There's only strength, peace and love felt during the distribution. Pain is put aside. Today, I helped be a part of someone’s blessing. I can’t complain. I won’t complain. The first car in the line had been there since 9 PM last night.


Comments

Popular Posts