Not Today Sluggish



 
I thought that I slept well, I guess not. I went to bed at a somewhat decent hour. Yet, when my alarm went off at 5:40 this morning, I turned it off and continued to lay there. All I needed was 10 more minutes of sleep. I awoke again at 6:05 and still had to force myself to get up. My body just wanted to rest; even now it still wants to rest. The weekends never seem long enough and the time during them never goes slow enough. I would almost swear that it was just Friday 15 minutes ago. I feel like a sloth, seriously. My thinking, my movements, my drive everything except my response time. It’s funny; I don’t think I’ve ever felt like a sloth before. I’ve felt like an elephant when I am able to remember events from my childhood. I’ve felt like a peacock when I’ve worn bright colors. I’ve even felt like a cheetah when I run… nope I’m not even that fast but in my mind I am! I’ve felt like a lion when I have detangled my hair and my crown encircles my head.  Why in the world and of all the creatures to feel like… a sloth? I’m too driven. I’m too motivated. I’m too powerful. I’m too ME to be a sloth.

Comments

Unknown said…
Maybe your body is telling you the it need a vacation and some well needed rest!
Queenbits said…
Lol, maybe... at this point I'm about to give in and just listen to it!

Popular Posts